This summer, I am so happy to not be taking summer school classes. I love school and have enjoyed all of my classes, but after 16 straight months of school, I'm ready for a break! Since I'll have a lot more free time to create, I made a Summer 2017 Art Bucket List. These are things I want to start, explore, think about, or experience this summer. I am so excited to have more time to devote to creative pursuits this season. I can't wait to get started!
Summer 2017 Art Bucket List
- Create a pet portrait and see what I think.
- Send collages to art penpals.
- Make a collage using DENIM!
- Make collages on playing cards → start mini collage ideas.
- Contact shops around town to sell and display my art.
- Sell pieces of art! $$$
- Start concepting collaged tarot cards → get back to learning about tarot, crystals, and astrology.
- Start fleshing out ideas for a zine.
- Fill up my current sketchbook and start a new one → *collage/illustration mashups*
- Record paintings, just for fun.
- Guitar case art. What will I do?
- Make a video of myself creating art.
- Blog / Instagram / film lots of art.
- Go to see lots of art! Big and small, famous and unknown, all types of media.
- Read lots of books and articles about art, art education, and art theory.
I am looking forward to getting to work on these fun projects all summer long. I know these three months are going to fly by in a flash so I am getting started NOW and trying to savor every minute.
I'd love to know what your summer creative plans are or if you are working on any projects. Enjoy these long days while they last!